Avast Software - (Non-Commercial Freeware)
Avast! Free Antivirus protects the computer from malicious programs for free.
Avast! Free Antivirus is one of the most used free security software solutions. It is an effective tool for security benefit, in addition to its anti-virus functionality, as well as a rootkit antispyware engine.
The software offers a new and fluid modern interfaceÂ as well as a plugin for Do Not Track browser indicating the presence of malware and phishing sites. It only remains to introduce Rescue Disk, the new module to create disk image of the Avast! installation on removable media. With its help, it is possible to always clean and restore the PC in case of crashing.
Avast! is continuously updating virus database being in permanent connection with the laboratory (in the cloud), which thus provides an immediate response to the new virus signatures.
Avast! Free Antivirus provides protection in real time on the actions performed by the user navigation, opening documents, running programs, e- mails, instant messaging and peer pairs clients.
- solved a compatibility problem with ZoneAlarm (WinXP)
- added WebRep Chrome extension
- improved installation of the WebRep plugins (especially Firefox)
- various fixes and improvements in the avast sandbox
- setup programs now smaller by ~20%
- Community features and the Welcome screen can now be turned on/off directly from program settings
- solved a compatibility problem with Outpost firewall
- solved a bug related to the AutoSandbox offer (WinXP)
- gadget can now be removed by simply closing it
- solved a compatibility problem with GameGuard and sXe
- SafeZone improvements
- improved sandbox logging
- SafeZone is now a standalone setup package (can be installed/uninstalled separately)
- improvements in password processing
- improvements in the program uninstaller
- solved a memory leak in the avast gadget
- fixes in the File System Shield transient cache
- various stability/compatibility improvements