Avast Software - (Non-Commercial Freeware)
Avast! Free Antivirus protects the computer from malicious programs for free.
Avast! Free Antivirus is one of the most used free security software solutions. It is an effective tool for security benefit, in addition to its anti-virus functionality, as well as a rootkit antispyware engine.
The software offers a new and fluid modern interfaceÂ as well as a plugin for Do Not Track browser indicating the presence of malware and phishing sites. It only remains to introduce Rescue Disk, the new module to create disk image of the Avast! installation on removable media. With its help, it is possible to always clean and restore the PC in case of crashing.
Avast! is continuously updating virus database being in permanent connection with the laboratory (in the cloud), which thus provides an immediate response to the new virus signatures.
Avast! Free Antivirus provides protection in real time on the actions performed by the user navigation, opening documents, running programs, e- mails, instant messaging and peer pairs clients.
- solved a compatibility problem with CorelDraw X5
- solved a compatibility problem with Acer control software
- solved a problem inserting a license file via the installation wizard
- solved a compatibility problem with some Dell wireless network adapter drivers
- solved a compatibility problem with Game Guard (used by a number of games)
- solved a compatibility problem with Sibelius
- solved various 0xC0000005 and 0xC000007B errors (e.g. with some .NET applications)
- issues related to upgrades from v5.0 (inactive shields, missing right-click associations, missing 64-bit boot-time scanner etc)
- solved some possible deadlock conditions (relatively rare but possible)
- performance related improvements
- various UI related improvements