Avast Software - (Non-Commercial Freeware)
Avast! Free Antivirus protects the computer from malicious programs for free.
Avast! Free Antivirus is one of the most used free security software solutions. It is an effective tool for security benefit, in addition to its anti-virus functionality, as well as a rootkit antispyware engine.
The software offers a new and fluid modern interfaceÂ as well as a plugin for Do Not Track browser indicating the presence of malware and phishing sites. It only remains to introduce Rescue Disk, the new module to create disk image of the Avast! installation on removable media. With its help, it is possible to always clean and restore the PC in case of crashing.
Avast! is continuously updating virus database being in permanent connection with the laboratory (in the cloud), which thus provides an immediate response to the new virus signatures.
Avast! Free Antivirus provides protection in real time on the actions performed by the user navigation, opening documents, running programs, e- mails, instant messaging and peer pairs clients.
- Improved compatibility with Windows Vista SP0/SP1 (activation issues)
- Attempt to solve the "Windows Media Player using a red skin" problem
- Firewall: solved the compatibility problem with uTorrent
- Improved load time of WebRep IE plugin
- Fixed a bug in Google Chrome WebRep plugin causing excessive CPU usage
- Improvements in the silent installer
- Improved the CommunityIQ sample submission process
- Improved detection/removal of the most stubborn rootkits (TDL family)
- Various stability and compatibility improvements in the sandbox module
- Added new CreditAlert feature (US customers only)
- Added Thai and Serbian language packs