Avast Software - (Non-Commercial Freeware)
Avast! Free Antivirus protects the computer from malicious programs for free.
Avast! Free Antivirus is one of the most used free security software solutions. It is an effective tool for security benefit, in addition to its anti-virus functionality, as well as a rootkit antispyware engine.
The software offers a new and fluid modern interfaceÂ as well as a plugin for Do Not Track browser indicating the presence of malware and phishing sites. It only remains to introduce Rescue Disk, the new module to create disk image of the Avast! installation on removable media. With its help, it is possible to always clean and restore the PC in case of crashing.
Avast! is continuously updating virus database being in permanent connection with the laboratory (in the cloud), which thus provides an immediate response to the new virus signatures.
Avast! Free Antivirus provides protection in real time on the actions performed by the user navigation, opening documents, running programs, e- mails, instant messaging and peer pairs clients.
* Changes in the autosandbox module
* Improvements in Remote Assistance (support for UAC prompts etc)
* Improvements in SafeZone (protection against kernel-mode keyloggers; Updated SafeZone Browser; clipboard sharing, etc.)
* Outlook plugin redesign
* Opera support in WebRep
* SiteCorrect module for the detection of unwanted websites
* Windows 8 compatibility updates
* Emergency Updater