Panda Security - (Freeware)
Cloud Antivirus is a smart antivirus based on "cloud computing" technology that work without feeling any influence from it.
Panda Cloud Antivirus is real-time protection against any malicious software attacks. The "cloud computing" technology allows the program to work and protect the computer without impacting the performance of the computer, analyzing the files and executables and, in case of infection, the program acts to block their access into computer and the information is instantly communicated to allother users of the software.
This way, the user can work, surf or play online, without being aware that there is an antivirus that is working in the same time. It also provides web filtering, warning the user against suspicious sites, stealth operations or phishing sites.
The antivirus has an auto update option for the virus database which makes the Cloud Antivirus is very easy to use, the interface being minimalist but presenting essential information such as: antispam, firewall or parental control software dedicated.
# Main new features -
* Malicious Web & URL Filtering - This feature blocks websites that push malware, exploits and drive-by downloads. It is available both in Free and in Pro Editions and is installed by the toolbar. Unlike similar solutions, this web filtering works at a low level so it works under all browsers: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc. For those of you that didnâ€™t install the toolbar but would like to install the Web & URL Filtering, you can download it from here and install it manually.
* Unified Recycle Bin and Quarantine - Previously the Recycle Bin handled suspicious detections and the Quarantine handled deleted malware detections. This has been unified into a new Recycle Bin for ease of management. This is included in both Free and Pro Editions.
* Automatic and transparent upgrades to new product versions - previously only available in the Pro Edition, this is now available in the Free Edition as well. All users of Free Editions versions 1.1.0, 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 will automatically and transparently upgrade to the new 1.3. See notes below for the upgrade schedule.
* No more nagging advertising - After listening to many of you we have decided to turn off the nagging advertising popups prompting to upgrade to Pro Edition. If you want to support Panda Cloud Antivirus and wish to get the Pro Edition, you can do so from here, but we wonâ€™t bug you anymore from the popups.
* Hot updating of behavioral blocking rules - In order to increase protection on the fly against new vulnerabilities and attacks and to fix false positives, hot updating of behavioural blocking rules allows faster response time in both the Free and Pro Editions.
* Immediate notifications of virus detections - Previously if Panda Cloud Antivirus encountered multiple viruses, it would delay its traybar notification and show them grouped. This behaviour has been changed so that the notifications are shown immediately.
* Suspicious detection counter - Under the statistics window thereâ€™s some new counters for the different types of heuristics and behavioural detections.
* New versioning format - Unified versioning format in GUI and other parts of the program.
# Many bugfixes :
â€“ Fixed issue with Windows 7 Start menu slow-down.
â€“ Fixed Panda traybar icon disappearing.
â€“ Fixed â€œyou are not connected to the Internetâ€ message when there is connection.
â€“ Fixed issue when Free Edition users can activate behavioural analysis.
â€“ Fixed slow-down and conflicts while playing Allods Online and AION.
â€“ Fixed cloud-response time configuration which defaults to 30 seconds.
â€“ Fixed constant accesses to the floppy disk drive.
â€“ Fixed BSOD issue after install.
â€“ Fixed bug while exporting an empty report to TXT/CSV.
â€“ Fixed Conficker detection.
â€“ Fixed BSOD while compressing malicious PDFs.
â€“ Fixed translation errors.