Greenshot - ( Open Source)
With multiple advanced as well as use of simple options, Greenshot is a great screen capture utility.
Greenshot is a simple screen capture utility that allows to easily create and edit screenshots. This utility is distinguished by its ease of use, small footprint and some sound features.
The application allows to "capture" a window, a portion of the screen or the entire screen. The selection will be colored in green and the specified resolution in real time. By default the image will open in a Quick Edit window. User can then incorporate arrows, text, rectangles and circles of color. It will do more than save the work 100% JPEG , PNG , GIF , BMP . Side options, user can select a destination folder, define the rules for naming the files, print them or save them directly. User can then make his capture text or shapes then save, print or copy to clipboard. It is also possible to add sound to the document.
# Bugs Resolved:
* Imgur plugin no longer passes title and filename to Imgur (for new installations, existing configuration files won't be affected)
* Greenshot uses the default proxy, even if the "use default proxy" check-box is not checked.
* File type in the Save-As dialog doesn't default to configured output format.
* Editor crashed when trying to scale down a screenshot with text element
* Fixed a bug in the confluence plug-in, error when searching for nothing, by improving the upload GUI.
* Filename pattern is now checked for invalid characters to avoid exception when saving directly.
* Fixed horizontal alignment for text boxes
* Fixed problem with saving/loading of the drop shadow & torn edge effects
* Portuguese (Portugal): application translation updates + new translation for plugin and help
* Indonesian: translation updates
* Korean: translation updates + new translation for plugins and help
* French: translation updates