KeePass - ( Open Source)
KeePass is a password manager solution for those that have many passwords to remember.
KeePass is a useful password manager software that allows management of passwords in a secure way.
Based on a dual AES encryption , Rijndael and Twofish algorithm - two of the most powerful at the moment, also used by banks- this software gathers all of the serial numbers, logins, passwords and other account numbers in a single interface. It is only necessary to remember one password or insert a removable drive to have access to the password database. It is also possible to generate a key to copy to removable media to prevent the reading of the database if the password is stolen.
The information contained in the database data can be classified into different categories for easy access to the password needed.
The interface has a tree form that is customized to each recreation and password, that can be associated to a web page, a comment, an expiration date.
The software requires no installation, as it can run directly from a USB stick or hard drive so no information is stored on the system to avoid any form of piracy.
- When trying to search using an invalid regular expression, an error message is displayed now.
- Context menus can now be displayed by pressing the Apps key or Shift+F10.
- Changed keyboard shortcut for closing KeePass to Ctrl+Q.
- During a drag&drop operation, KeePass now additionally provides the text in Unicode form.
- HTML export/printing: the notes and attachment data columns now are twice as wide as the other columns.
- The version information file (which the optional update check downloads to see if there exists a newer version) is now downloaded over HTTPS.
- Changed some ICO files such that higher resolution images are used.
- CHM help file: improved high DPI support.
- Upgraded to Boost libraries version 1.62.0.
- Upgraded installer.
- Various minor code improvements developed within the scope of the European Commission's Free and Open Source Software Auditing (EU-FOSSA) project.
- Various code optimizations.
- Minor other improvements.