Piriform - (Freeware)
Recuva helps user to recover accidentally deleted files, even the Word documents that they forgot to save.
Recuva is a utility for recovering accidentally deleted files (lost files). It is compatible with photo files, audio, documents and even emails. With a simple and intuitive interface, it scans the hard drive, find the file and copy it on a flash bracket.
Most of the documents will be restored: deleted by your media player or your memory cards, other users errors or bugs due to computer virus images. The application scans your system looking for files and displays detailed information about the files status information: an estimate condition (poor, good, etc.) and retail clusters rewritten by other file.
Another interesting feature of this soft is that it is able to recover the Word documents that were forgotten to be save, avoid this way repeated work. It searches the most recent copy temporary files and displays them.
Recuva is capable of performing a deep scan to recover damaged or deleted files for some time. The duration of treatment depends on the power of the computer and hard drive size.
- Added multi-session UDF support.
- Added Unicode character handling to file list export.
- Improved FAT partition file scanning.
- Enhanced detection of drives with mounted junction points.
- Improved email filter and added .pst file detection.
- Improved keyboard navigation on scan results list.
- Minor bug fixes and GUI improvements.