Luke Hutteman - (Freeware)
SharpReader allows easily gathering and exchanging data updates on a regular basis and from various websites offering multiple options.
SharpReader is an RSS/Atom Aggregator that has been designed to allow you to gather and exchange data updates on a regular basis and from various websites. With this tool, you no longer have to visit each of your favorite sites.
SharpReader is an RSS / Atom for Windows with the following features:
- Supports all versions of RSS / ATOM 0.3 and 1.0, modules like dublin core, content: encoding, xhtml: body, etc..
- Advanced support multithreading
- Creations categories
- Flow parameters such as refresh rate, timeout, by flow and category.
- Adding a stream by simple drag and drop or via the address bar
- Support for proxy servers with authentication.
- Reduction of bandwidth via the support conditional HTTP requests and gzip support.
- Popup in the taskbar when new items arrive.
- Easy keyboard navigation.
- Import / Export with OPML.
- Filters items.
- International support.
- Support for HTTP authentication.
SharpReader detects and shows connections between items if they have same link, if one item links to another, if two items both link to the same external webpage, or if an item has comments.The application allows c, timeout, by flow and category. Adding a stream by simple drag and drop or via the address bar is a very simple operation too.
SharpReader offers also support for proxy servers with authentication, reduction of bandwidth via the support conditional HTTP requests and gzip support, popup in the taskbar when new items arrive, easy keyboard navigation,Â Import / Export with OPML, filters items, international support, support for HTTP authentication and more.
- Run internal browser in restricted security zone in order to make IE responsible for blocking restricted content, instead of just doing so by parsing and stripping tags.
- Support both as well as as there was some confusion as to the proper capitalization of this element.
- Fixed linebreak handling for some feeds.
- Improved handling of relative urls in atom feeds.
- Now displaying enclosure links at the bottom of the item description.
- Fixed installer to no longer complain if only .NET 2.0 is installed.