Wireshark.org - (Open Source)
Wireshark helps network administrators to solve protocol issues by diagnosing the problems in the software protocols.
Wireshark is a famous network analysis or packet sniffer tool protocols.
Wireshark examine data from a live network, and can also take a snapshot of the various communications that work on it at another time. Wireshark proposes to see the "dissector tables" directly from the main window. The application can export objects to SMB screen or display the compiled BPF code for capture filters. Finally, Wireshark supports a variety of protocols such as ADwin, Apache Etch, JSON, reload or Wi-Fi P2P (Wi-Fi Direct).
The interface is quite austere, hides an extremely powerful that only experts can use software correctly.
This software is essential for any network administrator to diagnose problems in the software protocols.
# The following bugs have been fixed:
* "On-the-wire" packet lengths are limited to 65535 bytes.
* Tx MCS set is not interpreted properly in WLAN beacon frame.
* VoIP Graph Analysis window - some calls are black.
* Wireshark fails to decode single-line, multiple Contact: URIs in SIP responses.
* epan/follow.c - Incorrect "bytes missing in capture file" in "check_fragments" due to an unsigned int wraparound?.
* gsm_map doesnt decode MAPv3 reportSM-DeliveryStatus result.
* Incorrect NFSv4 FATTR4_SECURITY_LABEL value.
* Timestamp decoded for Gigamon trailer is not padded correctly.
* SEL Fast Message Bug-fix for Signed 16-bit Integer Fast Meter Messages.
* DNP3 Bug Fix for Analog Data Sign Bit Handling.
* GSM SMS User Data header fill bits are wrong when using a 7 bits ASCII / IA5 encoding.
* WCDMA RLC dissector cannot assemble PDUs with SNs skipped and wrap-arounded.
* DTLS: fix buffer overflow in mac check.
* [PATCH] Correct data length in SCSI_DATA_IN packets (within iSCSI).
* GSM SMS UDH EMS control expects 4 octets instead of 3 with OPTIONAL 4th.
* Fix "decode as " for packet-time.c.
# Updated Protocol Support
* ANSI IS-637-A, BSSGP, DNP3, DVB-BAT, DVB-CI, GSM MAP, GSM SMS, IEEE 802.11, iSCSI, NFSv4, NTLMSSP v2, RLC, SEL FM, SIP, and Time
# New and Updated Capture File Support