eMule Project - (Open Source)
With eMule is very easy to share any type of file offering many useful features.
eMule is a filesharing client based on the eDonkey2000 network which offers more features than the standard client.
It also allows to connect to the Kad network using the Kademlia protocol. This allows, in particular, operate emule servers. With eMule user can share any type of file (MP3, JPEG, AVI, ZIP, EXE, etc..), and it also offers the possibility to download files that other users make available to the community.
The application has a nice and friendly interface, a fast connection to the server, the automatic removal of "dead" servers in the list, the rank value when placed in a queue and a page of detailed information on the evolution of downloads statistics.
One of the great advantages of this software is that it compresses the data when the transfer is between two eMule client. The gain may be useful in certain formats no or little compressed files.
The software also includes a verification system files to prevent data corruption .
* Ability to share and unshare single files instead of directories only and also support of Drag&Drop to do so easily
* Support of new security features on Windows Vista (and partially also XP) to further harden eMule against any possible exploits
* Automatic recovery of corrupt part.met files by using the backupfiles
* Kad improvements like automatic search-keyword rearranging (allowing searches like 'an eMule' and also helping to reduce load on busy nodes), avoiding fragmented UDP packets (making it more compatible to zealous firewalls) and other changes
* Improving UPnP by refreshing the mappings as well as adding Webinterface support
* And as always fixing bugs and adding other small changes