Microsoft Corporation - 7.5 MB (Freeware)
Synchronize any Windows Mobile device with the computer for managing the mobile information with this application called ActiveSync.
ActiveSync is a module for the Microsoft Windows operating systems developed to connect the Windows Mobile PDA with Windows computers, being indispensable for users who want to synchronize a Windows Mobile device with their computer.
In addition to the direct management of mobile content, the software also allows synchronization of data such as contacts, calendar, tasks or notes from mobile to PC and vice versa.
ActiveSync also allows file synchronization folder cloning and sending multimedia content.
The software automatically detects and configures the port to which the PC is connected to the device, be it a serial port or infrared port. Furthermore serial and infrared connections, ActiveSync manages Ethernet connections and remote access, as well as wired and wireless versions of these standards.
- Faster file transfer speed and photo sync via Outlook are only available for Windows Mobile 5.0 powered devices.
- Remote PC Sync (via WiFi or LAN) has been removed due to Enterprise customer feedback around security issues.
- Customers using Microsoft Exchange 2003 Service Pack 2 with devices running the Messaging and Security Feature Pack for Windows Mobile 5.0 will benefit from the following feature enhancements included in ActiveSync 4.5: Direct Push Technology, local device wipe, and certificate powered authentication to Microsoft Exchange.
- MicrosoftÃ‚Â® OutlookÃ‚Â® 2000 is not supported by ActiveSync 4.5. It is highly recommended that users upgrade to MicrosoftÃ‚Â® OutlookÃ‚Â® 2003 messaging and collaboration client.
- Conversion of database files for use on a mobile device is not supported by ActiveSync 4.5. On previous versions, this feature was limited to devices running Windows Mobile software for Pocket PC 2003 and earlier.
- Conversion of font files for use on a mobile device is not supported by ActiveSync 4.5. On previous versions, this feature was limited to devices running Windows Mobile software for Pocket PC 2003 and earlier.
- Connectivity and synchronization may require separately purchased equipment and/or wireless products (e.g., WiFi card, network software, server hardware, and/or redirector software). Service plans are required for Internet, WiFi and phone access. Features and performance may vary by service provider and are subject to network limitations. See device manufacturer, service provider and/or corporate IT department for details.