Notepad++ - (Open Source)
Notepad + + is a perfect solution for those that want more than Notepad to edit syntax.
The program is more than a simple text editor, bringing lots of really note worthy features like the color of the symbols, loading files of any size, searching and replacing text, printing the source code in color, drag and drop support, macro recording and playback, etc.
Notepad + + also is including autocompletion or conversion to binary or hexadecimal.It is recommended for the creation and editing of relatively small codes , and will be an indispensable tool for all developers .It is compatible with several programming languages. Fully coded in C + + and STL with win32api , Scintilla it is used as one of its components.
Notepad + + features a PCRE or Perl Compatible Regular Expression. This option enables searching and easily replacing syntax or code. It is also possible to have a map of the document for an overview.
1. Fix brace highlighting breaking issue and related performance problem.
2. Add new encodings in the shortcuts map.
3. Remove annoying encoding issue warning dialogs.
4. Enhance Html encoding auto-detection.
5. Fix case-insensitive searching bug for non-ascii characters (for example some characters in French and Cyrillic letters).
6. Add find result commands in the menu.
7. Add DOS CodePage : CP437, CP737, CP850, CP852, CP855, CP857, CP858, CP860, CP861, CP863, CP865, CP866 and CP869.
8. Fix localization combo box unselected in preference dialog bug after startup (when a localization file is in use).