Shareaza Development Team - (Open Source)
Exchanging any type of file on several popular P2P networks is a piece of cake with Shareaza, a completely free software.
Shareaza is a Peer-to-Peer client for Windows that allows user to upload files of any type on several popular P2P networks.
With a funny and easy to use interface it allows to connect to the extremely populars Gnutella 2 network (faster) and especially the eDonkey, DirectConnect + + (DC + +) and BitTorrent networks.
Users can filter the files in DRM to fight against any kind of pornography that is legal or not. These filters allow to better find files and not fall on the fake files and viruses that are undesirable.
Shareaza has been specially designed to deliver optimum performance regardless of the number of sources. It uses extensively swarming technology to download files from many sources.
- Fixed BitTorrent-magnet download start.
- Optimized UPnP code (removed from connection wizard, fixed "zero port" bug).
- More robust control of UPnP devices.
- Fixed "16.0 EB" source downloads when size is unknown yet.
- Enabled adding torrent-file as source to any download. Fixed freezed name of BitTorrent-magnet download.
- Fixed G2 KHL packet crash.
- Refactored chat code (removed/renamed chat window classes, fixed connection bugs, updated translations and skins).
- Fixed broken Gnutella 1 chat.
- Added CAPTCHA support for ED2K chat.
- Fixed Gnutella 1 query hit packets: now LimeWire compatible, all available hashes transmitted, large file supported (64-bit size), added alternate sources.
- Fixed host browsing fail due disabled protocol.
- Fixed upload without specified "Range:" header (for G1).
- Improved query hit and query search anti-spam protection.
- Fixed false positive XML errors of some G1 queries.
- Optimized schema types handling.
- Added protection against "future" hosts.
- Added experimental support for Gnutella 1 multicast searches (to use it set Shareaza port to 6347), creation time, meta, LimeWire-compatible hash and "Whats New" searches. Removed "Gnutella1.StrictPackets", added "Gnutella1.MCastPingRate" and "Gnutella1.QueryGlobalThrottle" options.
- Improved compatibility of Gnutella 1 uploads.
- Optimized query hit metadata handling, G1 packet HUGE and XML parts parsing and removed unused code from QHT. Not sure but probably we used wrong G1 query MinSpeed-flag byte-ordering (so we had no XML in results from LimeWire-compatible clients)...
- Improved own IP detection after change for example after connection loss.
- Added '$' symbol to be also encoded in URLs.
- Added new option "Connection.ZLibCompressionLevel" to tune compression level (default: 6; 0 - no compression; 9 - maximum and slowest) used in connections. Added checks for decompression errors.
- Tuned download starvation option (to starve a bit earlier).
- Fix against acquiring 255.255.255.255 as own address.
- Fixed priority host expiration.
- Updated web-caches list.
- Fixed slow initial connection to networks.
* DC++ support
- Fixed DC++ file list XML format.
- Fixed DC++ magnet-link parsing.
- Implemented TigerTree hash support for DC++.
- Fixed DC++ downloading of small files (< 64KB).
- Added support for any level of TigerTree for DC++ clients.
- Removed "dcfile:" but fully implemented "dchub:" URL instead.
- Fixed user/leaf counter of DC++ neighbors.
- Massive update for DC++.
- Added DC++ $RevConnectToMe command.
- Changed detection of firewalled state for DC++.
- Reduced connection speed for DC++ hubs.
- Fixed passive $SR answers.
- Fix for unexpected big DC++ TigerTree.
- Added experimental $Get/$Send commands.
- Fixed download queues.
- Fixed DC++ TTH uploads.
- Fixed DC++ incoming connection handshake.
- Added error message about dropped DC++ client connection.
- Added DC++ passive searches
- Fixed DC++ hub selection for connecting client.
* Crash fixes
- Fixed strange crash in Control Point UPnP code.
- Some workaround for Schema cache unknown crash.
- Added protection against crashes during metadata extraction.
* Internal and functional changes
- Album Wizard code refactoring (added BitTorrent metadata template variable).
- submitting ailurophobe's miss cache code and OldDeaths IP filter optimization code for further testing and review
- small patch by siavoshkc to improve bandwidth monitor performance
- Fixes for broken functionality of Security window, fixed some bugs and more optimizations for r8920.
- Fixed Security rules memory leak.
- Security fix - removed user avatar file path from G2 profile packet.
- Fixed extra security check #140
- Added Library load process benchmarking in Debug builds.
- Removed UPnP message loop if no need.
- Added new interface to notify all windows, plugins (using ILibraryPlugin) and version checker about new file in library.
- Renamed CShareazaFile::IsHashed() to HasHash() to differ from CLibraryFile::IsHashed().
- Fixed recent file verification when history limit set too low.
- Fixed CR-LF in chat window.
- Another fix for CRLf in chat windows
- Fixed unknown datagram dump.
- Implemented multi-file merging with download, file merge offset for torrent download now calculated by file size also.
- Fixed Shareaza media player "next file" bug.
- Enabled link handling when Shareaza was launched in higher security level than Explorer.
- CTransfer/CDownloadTransfer/CUploadTransfer classes code refactoring.
- Fixed sometimes acquired 0.0.0.0 own IP address due too early UPnP operation.
- Fixed DC++ chat memory leak (when hub connection dropped during user list fetching).
- Fixed unhandled file errors of Hash Database.
- Isolated WSACleanup crash.
- HashLib version bumped.
- Updated GFL 2.90 to 3.40.
- Updated 7ZipBuilder plugin's Z-Zip library to 9.22. Added 64-bit version.
- Updated RARBuilder plugin's UnRAR library to 184.108.40.206.
* Graphical / GUI changes
- Implemented BitTorrent-magnet link creation in download "Copy URI" dialog.
- Added DC++ upload queue interface elements, added "DC++ Guard" queue.
- Fixed toolbar updates.
- Compressed Flags.png and Splash.png
- Updated emoticons (eMule-compatible).
- Updated chat window skinning.
- Fixed forgotten tip string.
- Added IP on status bar.
- Fixed DC++ neighbors tip.
- Fixed "infinite percent" of download completion when no download size known yet.
- Fixed download queue label when queue size is unknown.
- Added "Create .torrent File" item to Library folder tree menu.
- Updated BitTorrent icon in Library folder tree menu.
- Added user list (not fully functional yet) to chat window.
- Optimize GUI performance.
- Improved Library tree tips: added "Free:" (disk space) to Folders tips, "Total Files:" and "Total Volume:" to Organizer, fixed too long to fit localized texts.
- DC++ chat window improvements.
- Optimized project images.
- Added more filters to packet window (DC++, BitTorrent and TCP/UDP).
- Fixed painting and skinning of Discovery and Search Monitor windows.
- Fixed stuck selection after deleted items in Discovery and Host Cache windows.
- Fixed Neighbours window tips (in handshaking state ones).
- Updated SkinTranslate utility.
- Updated HashTest utility (added HashWord function tests).
- Updated HashTest utility (more stable tests).
- TorentWizard: Added new option "-comment". Added web-help button on every page. Improved auto-mode ("-sourcefile" option now can point to folder to create torrent package). Updated application icon.
- Changed way how VS2010 project builds.
- Changed way how VS2008 project builds.
- Added scripts to pack symbols and source tree using 7-Zip.
* Updated languages:
- German/Deutsch - massive update to the program translation and to 2/3 of the schema files - OldDeath, sebastian1996
- Russian - Ryo-oh-ki
- Spanish - acerswap
* Web interface
- css optimizations
- eliminating layout table, normalizing font sizes
- restored some old formatting to about page (without tables this time)
- now validates as xhtml 1.0 strict