DC++ - (Open Source)
DC++ allows users to share over the Internet all kind of files or folders.
DC++ (Direct Connect) is a free client that uses the Direct Connect Peerâ€“toâ€“Peer network. With it user can exchange files with other network users via Internet with no restrictions or limits. Users are grouped into groups called Hubs. Each member of the Hub is able to share files with other members. The Forums are moderated by operators.
Allowing connection to multiple servers and a "global" research, it is one of the most used software in this field.
Having no advertisements, DC++ uses less memory and works pretty fast.
This release brings new :
A lot of stability improvement, starting from crashes to bugs and so on.
Also, some visual improvements like new menu types.
Segmented downloading new separate window for each downloading file, and a new connection window for each chunk
Language files now use gettext and they are included in the distribution for the major languages
Tabs drag& dropping and tooltips
Updated links so that you have any problem, you can easily find the answer now.
-- 0.705 2008-03-14 --
* Several patches for better *nix compatibility of the core (thanks steven sheehy et al)
* Improve segmented download implementation
* Fix search request ip when using multiple ip's (thanks stanislav maslovski)
* Fixed a crash when right-clicking in own file list
* [ADC] Searches filtered by token if available so that each search window only gets its own results
* [ADC] Implemented test version of bloom filters which will dramatically reduce hub bandwidth usage for TTH searches
* Fixed a crash with partial list browsing
* Replaced homegrown i18n solution with gettext (thanks david grundberg, mikejj)
* Fixed an issue with nick encodings and nmdc connections (thanks stanislav maslovski)
* Added download view which shows per-file download information
* Chat timestamps on by default
* Added tab drag/drop (thanks poy)
* Changed Pothead to mikejj
* Fixed search spy crash
* Upgraded to bzip 1.0.4 (thanks mikejj)
* Tab tooltips (thanks poy)
* [L#185724] Allow spaces in the description field (poy)
* [L#180321] [ADC] Handle third person formatting (thanks poy)
* [L#186429] Fix right-click issue when chat history is long (thanks poy)
* [L#188107] In waiting users, show requested chunk (since we can't know % done)
* [L#188585] Fixed crash when download connection was disconnected before any data was received
* Fixed crash due to race condition on idle check (thans bigmuscle)
* Fixed crash when copying identity
* Fixed potential timer race condition (thanks bigmuscle)
* The good parts of partially downloaded segments are now added to queue (thanks bigmuscle)
* Fancy menus (thanks poy)
* [L#180321] [ADC] Added /me handling (thanks poy)
* [L#187288] Fixed issues with scrolling (thanks poy)
* [L#190463] Fixed re-add sources showing wrong sources (thanks poy)
* [L#190469] Fixed kick message filtering (thanks mikejj)
* version.xml now use Coral (ullner)
* [ADC] Number of files counts unique files when sending stats to hub
* [ADC] Fixed kick handling
* [L#190955] Fixed 100% on remove all sources in queue
* Fixed a few hardcoded dc++'s (thanks steven sheehy)
* Don't always show the tray icon after killing and re-opening explorer.exe (poy)
* Updated links (thanks pietry)
* Fixed clicking on active tab (poy)
* [L#195209] Fixed tabbing in hub windows (poy)
* [L#195209] Fixed Ctrl+F that opens favorite hubs (poy)
* [L#194696] Fixed small memory leak
* Some unix compile fixes (thanks pavel andreev and yakov suraev)
* [L#199192] [NMDC] Fixed crash on empty private message
* [L#198416] Fixed crash when closing the download queue (poy)