DC++ - (Open Source)
DC++ allows users to share over the Internet all kind of files or folders.
DC++ (Direct Connect) is a free client that uses the Direct Connect Peerâ€“toâ€“Peer network. With it user can exchange files with other network users via Internet with no restrictions or limits. Users are grouped into groups called Hubs. Each member of the Hub is able to share files with other members. The Forums are moderated by operators.
Allowing connection to multiple servers and a "global" research, it is one of the most used software in this field.
Having no advertisements, DC++ uses less memory and works pretty fast.
- Fix a race condition on file list download
- Fix a potential infinite loop in BufferedSocket->setDataMode
- Add "chunked" transfer encoding as per the HTTP/1.1 spec
- Fix DPI conversion problems
- Remove the "Windows UPnP" port mapper in favor of MiniUPnP
- Improve the plugin API
- Delete "View as text" files only when their window is closed
- Fix queue matching when files have the same TTH but a different size
- Update Boost to version 1.52 and atomic&lockfree to the version in trunk
- Restore "Requesting" messages in the transfer list
- Apply link & plugin formatting to status messages
- Share file name duplicates due to directory merges
- Share file name duplicates due to case differences
- Reject file lists that contain duplicate items
- Drag & drop text into text input fields
- Add "user online" / "user offline" status lines to PMs
- Apply "send unknown /commands" to PMs
- Don't clear the message box when trying to send a message to a disconnected hub
- Improve OpenSSL error handling
- Add copy menus to various lists
- Add a "Copy user information" menu item
- [ADC] Revise INF order in c-c connections as advised by ADC 1.0.2
- Add hublist.eu to default hub lists
- Add a toolbar button to open own file list
- Fix invalid share sizes after a directory merge
- Satisfy some boost lockfree requirements, could fix bugs on heavy load
- Clean up earlier after receiving zlib data
- [ADC] Send passive search replies via the hub they were requested from
- [ADC] Actions on search results happen on the correct hub
- Note: The hash registry will be upgraded when running this version for the first time. Make sure all your drives are connected to avoid re-hashing. That upgrade only works on Win >= Vista; re-hashing is compulsory on XP.