Apple Inc - (Freeware)
Safari is a fast and innovative web browser that Apple developed for pleasure in web surfing.
Safari from Apple is a web browser that wanted to change the meaning of browsing, being in the same time a strong competitor for Internet Explorer , Google Chrome, Firefoxand Opera.
Safari is based on KHTML engine derived from the rendering engine of the KDE desktop environment used in the Konqueror, a browser known for its speed.
The tools such as Top Sites , Full History Search, Cover Flow or overlay tabs, offer easy access to favorite sites. Full History Search is an option to use for quickly find old visited sites.
Safari has an interesting feature called Reader, which isolate the overlay text content ,images, videos and links on some web pages, hiding all advertising and otherinserts that disrupt reading.
The browser also has a powerful blocking popup window which removes annoying ads andother visual distractions on the links. The" screen controls " menu allows you to view each page navigation ,either two or ten pages . Text size is also editable for insertion tasks or copy and paste.
# New features:
* Reading List
- Easily add webpages and links to your Reading List to browse when you have time.
* New Process Architecture
- Safari has been re-engineered for improved stability and responsiveness.
- In the General pane of Safari preferences, you can now choose to launch Safari with the windows from your last browsing session.
* Better Privacy
- A new Privacy pane in Safari preferences makes it easy to remove data that websites can leave on your system.
* Private AutoFill
- Safari lets you fill out forms quickly while keeping your personal information private.
* Find Option
- When you use Find, you can choose whether you want to search for text that contains or starts with the text that you type in the search field.
* Drag-and-drop Downloads
- You can drag items out of the Downloads window in Safari, so you can easily place downloaded files on the Desktop.
* Advanced Web Technologies
- Safari introduces support for full-screen webpages, media caching with the HTML5 application cache, MathML, Web Open Font Format, CSS3 Auto-hyphenation, CSS3 Vertical Text, CSS3 Text Emphasis, Window.onError, and Formatted XML files.
* New Extension APIs
- Developers can take advantage of new Safari Extension support for popovers, menus, new event classes, and interaction with Reader