Christian Ghisler - (Shareware)
Total Commander offers an alternative to the Windows Explorer offering many useful and interesting features that makes it more preferred among the users.
Total Commander is a reference when it comes to management of the files and / folders.
Acting like a file browser, it can quite make the presentation and management of windows. The application includes many features such as copy, move, rename, drag and drop, delete (to trash or permanently) files or folders, connect to FTP servers, direct access to Network Neighborhood, and more. It is also possible to share a large file into several small to gather thereafter filer can handle RAR, ZIP or ACE, for example formats, is also present.
Total Commander can include limiting the transfer speed to avoid overloading your hard drive.
The dual display panel allows user to view two different directories , a benefit that is immediately captures the interest , including copying files .
The software also includes advanced features very valuable as the ability to synchronize two directories , search for duplicates , browsing in the archives (and with many formats unlike Windows that supports the ZIP standard) or the integration of a FTP manager . Plug- ins can be added, as OOSimple Viewer a viewer for the Apache OpenOffice .
- Fixed: Two pass copy function: When error occurs with last file in list, do not postpone dialog box to second pass (32/64)
- Added: Use Uniscribe to display custom columns, as long as they don't contain non-English texts, or tabs (32/64)
- Fixed: Verify checksums: Taking checksum from clipboard not working for SHA512 (32/64)
- Added: Moved call to NetShareEnum to get list of all shared folders to background thread (32/64)
- Added: Test for shared folders: Old method via OLE2 can be set with TestIfSharedDir=2 (32/64)
- Fixed: Lister's menu was missing hotkeys 2,3,4 etc. starting with beta 4 (64)
- Added: Reduced flickering of current item in listboxes by re-drawing loaded icons manually instead of invalidating the rectangle (32/64)
- Fixed: Do not beep when skipping (for later) write protected, hidden or system files when moving between drives (32/64)
- Fixed: Open RAR with encrypted names: Repeat password dialog until user enters correct password or cancels dialog, also show "wrong password" hint (32/64)
- Fixed: Synchronize dirs, delete files via right click menu: Bypass recycle bin with Shift pressed also when choosing the menu item (not only when confirming the dialog box) (32/64