Christian Ghisler - (Shareware)
Total Commander offers an alternative to the Windows Explorer offering many useful and interesting features that makes it more preferred among the users.
Total Commander is a reference when it comes to management of the files and / folders.
Acting like a file browser, it can quite make the presentation and management of windows. The application includes many features such as copy, move, rename, drag and drop, delete (to trash or permanently) files or folders, connect to FTP servers, direct access to Network Neighborhood, and more. It is also possible to share a large file into several small to gather thereafter filer can handle RAR, ZIP or ACE, for example formats, is also present.
Total Commander can include limiting the transfer speed to avoid overloading your hard drive.
The dual display panel allows user to view two different directories , a benefit that is immediately captures the interest , including copying files .
The software also includes advanced features very valuable as the ability to synchronize two directories , search for duplicates , browsing in the archives (and with many formats unlike Windows that supports the ZIP standard) or the integration of a FTP manager . Plug- ins can be added, as OOSimple Viewer a viewer for the Apache OpenOffice .
- Added: Change main menu only with new command OPENLANGUAGEFILE WCMD_xyz.MNU or OPENLANGUAGEFILE .MNU for internal (32/64)
- Fixed: Find files, search for text in zip, compressed size<1MB but uncompressed >1MB -> only first MB was searched (32/64)
- Fixed: "F7 New Folder" in virtual folder (e.g. Android device) -> directory sometimes only appearing after manual refresh (32/64)
- Fixed: Choose old command line from history with keyboard, press left or right arrow -> command line was selected instead of placing the cursor behind it (64)
- Added: F6 move dialog: Right click on OK or Queue button shows context menu "Copy" to copy the file instead of copying it (32/64)
- Added: F5 copy dialog: Right click on OK or Queue button shows context menu "Move" to move the file instead of copying it (32/64)
- Fixed: Configuration - Options - Copy/Delete: Click on "Verify after delete" didn't enable the "Apply" button (64)
- Added: Also load icons for internal associations in a background thread (32/64)
- Fixed: Windows directory was shown as shared (due to administrative share ADMIN$) (32/64)
- Fixed: Automatic redraw of per extension icons (when extracted) wasn't working correctly (64)
- Fixed: No per extension icons were shown when using 32x32 icons (32/64)