Christian Ghisler - ( Shareware)
Total Commander offers an alternative to the Windows Explorer offering many useful and interesting features that makes it more preferred among the users.
Total Commander is a reference when it comes to management of the files and / folders.
Acting like a file browser, it can quite make the presentation and management of windows. The application includes many features such as copy, move, rename, drag and drop, delete (to trash or permanently) files or folders, connect to FTP servers, direct access to Network Neighborhood, and more. It is also possible to share a large file into several small to gather thereafter filer can handle RAR, ZIP or ACE, for example formats, is also present.
Total Commander can include limiting the transfer speed to avoid overloading your hard drive.
The dual display panel allows user to view two different directories , a benefit that is immediately captures the interest , including copying files .
The software also includes advanced features very valuable as the ability to synchronize two directories , search for duplicates , browsing in the archives (and with many formats unlike Windows that supports the ZIP standard) or the integration of a FTP manager . Plug- ins can be added, as OOSimple Viewer a viewer for the Apache OpenOffice .
- Button bar: Deleting a button via right click (moving the rest to the left) didn't support long parameters >259 characters (64)
- Compare, re-sync from here: Keep track separately whether the file was changed since the last save, and whether it was changed since it was opened, to avoid unnecessary "The file was changed" dialogs (32/64)
- FTP upload: When using dynamic upload block size, start with a size of 2048 bytes (instead of 512) to get faster more quickly (32/64)
- Compare by content: Text refresh was disabled when pasting a line to an UTF-8 file where the UTF-16 length was shorter than 1024 characters, but the UTF-8 length (in bytes) was longer (32/64)
- Open archive in already running instance (via /O switch) only placed cursor on archive, even without /A switch (previous fix was only applied to 32-bit) (64)
- Lister's menu was missing hotkeys 1,2,3,4 etc. when opening menu with mouse (since TC 8.0!) (64)
- Caret rectangle could be lost over the icon when it is loaded from the background thread (except when using inverted cursor) (32)