Josh Karlin - (Open Source)
Save time when launching application with Launchy, which allows to run them only by using the keyboard.
Launchy is nevertheless an excellent tool that allows user to launch an application or a file without several minutes to quickly search for a folder or start menu.
Nevertheless, this little tool is very pleasant to use just by using the keyboard, without needing any menu or icon, only by simply simultaneously press Alt + Spacebar and then enter the name of the application, document, folder, or favorite to open.
The application also supports shortcuts to folders or even to features of the control panel or start menu. However, user must enter the English word to access it (example: " reboot" to restart or "display" for display properties). The interface is nice and transparent and can be customized with different skins.
Launchy window remains invisible as long as you do not call. The time saving is very significant.
- Faster performance
- Better behavior on Linux
- OS X now supported
- Icons displayed correctly
- Environment variables updated correctly when system changes
- Controly includes more items
- New shortcut keys
- New controls:
> Shift+tab or Shift+bkspc deletes previous tab
> Shift+Ctrl+Enter launches in elevated mode (Vista and Win7)
> Down arrow shows history (when there is no current search text)
- Default skin built into executable in case no other skin is found
- Launchy now has an icon in the system tray
- Skins are simplified and easier to create
- Directory browsing auto-completes correctly