Growl for Windows - 2.4 MB (Freeware)
Growl notifies the user about any change that appeared in the system and displays the information in standardized or customizable options.
Growl is a notification system that alerts when changes like receiving a new email, a download fails, scheduled appointment occur. Very practical, this small application is fully configurable and user can choose which notifications he wants to appear. Finally, the program will automatically load at startup.
The application is compatible with numerous programs such as Adium, Skype, aMSN, Entourage, Vienna , or Cyberduck. Growl integrate technology, most of the time without even having to change anything in the options.
Notifications are customizable: many skins are available, but it is also possible to receive notifications by email, or to be dictated by the application of speech .
- set NoImpersonate flag on custom installer actions (in hopes of avoiding some 2869 errors)
- merged setup.exe and Growl.msi into a single GrowlInstaller.exe self-extracting file
- added coalescing support to native Plain, Smokestack, and Standard displays (queueing displays such as Toast and Visor do not support coalescing)
- fixed issue where application icon and default notification type icon were not updated if they were currently selected in the UI when a re-register request came in
- fixed issue where application was cut-off if it was longer than one line (on Applications tab)
- Growl now saves forwarder/subscription pref changes to disk immediately instead of only when Growl exits
- fixed issue where settings specified in growl.exe.config were not honored on the first run
- updated iTunes plugin to support coalescing (one notification on screen at a time)