Growl for Windows - (Freeware)
Growl notifies the user about any change that appeared in the system and displays the information in standardized or customizable options.
Growl is a notification system that alerts when changes like receiving a new email, a download fails, scheduled appointment occur. Very practical, this small application is fully configurable and user can choose which notifications he wants to appear. Finally, the program will automatically load at startup.
The application is compatible with numerous programs such as Adium, Skype, aMSN, Entourage, Vienna , or Cyberduck. Growl integrate technology, most of the time without even having to change anything in the options.
Notifications are customizable: many skins are available, but it is also possible to receive notifications by email, or to be dictated by the application of speech .
- fixed a bug in GrowlConnector that could cause a hang if the connection was lost in the middle of receiving a response
- deprecated instance method GrowlConnector.IsGrowlRunning(); replaced with static GrowlConnector.IsGrowlRunningLocally()
- updated GrowlConnector Register and Notify methods to accept a user-defined 'state' object that will get passed back in the response events (used to associate responses with requests)
- updated Growl.Connector.Response class to include RequestData property (that data was formerly inaccessible from the response)
- improvements to subscriptions to reduce number of renewal requests and updates of the UI
- added /cmd:show switch to Growl.exe for launching Growl with the settings window open
- added Detector.ShowSettingsWindow() method to launch Growl settings window from another application
- added /ai switch to growlnotify to specify the application's icon when registering
- added basis for WebSocket support as well as growlwebsocket.js client library. The only supported endpoint is: ws://localhost:23053/gntp
- improved installation process for language packs on Vista/Win7 and other machines with UAC; now correctly automatically prompts to elevate privileges if required
- removed ability to add new Twitter forwarding destinations (due to no workable oAuth/open source solution)
- fixed a bug that caused redraw artifacts when quickly scrolling the 'Add Computer' list of forwarding options
- fixed some rendering bugs in the History Details view
- added Italian language translation