Growl for Windows - (Freeware)
Growl notifies the user about any change that appeared in the system and displays the information in standardized or customizable options.
Growl is a notification system that alerts when changes like receiving a new email, a download fails, scheduled appointment occur. Very practical, this small application is fully configurable and user can choose which notifications he wants to appear. Finally, the program will automatically load at startup.
The application is compatible with numerous programs such as Adium, Skype, aMSN, Entourage, Vienna , or Cyberduck. Growl integrate technology, most of the time without even having to change anything in the options.
Notifications are customizable: many skins are available, but it is also possible to receive notifications by email, or to be dictated by the application of speech .
- updated all Growl claw icons to match new Mac icons
- made History item text copyable (select item and then Ctrl-C)
- created user-configurable setting for length of time to store
history items (HistoryDaysToStore in user.config)
- updated Websocket support to draft-ietf-hybi-thewebsocketprotocol-14
- fixed an issue where thumbnail images for old history items were not
deleted from disk
- fixed issues with Standard display that caused issues with high DPI settings
- fixed a bug in Growl.Connector.dll that didnt handle newlines (n)
in callback data properly