Growl for Windows - (Freeware)
Growl notifies the user about any change that appeared in the system and displays the information in standardized or customizable options.
Growl is a notification system that alerts when changes like receiving a new email, a download fails, scheduled appointment occur. Very practical, this small application is fully configurable and user can choose which notifications he wants to appear. Finally, the program will automatically load at startup.
The application is compatible with numerous programs such as Adium, Skype, aMSN, Entourage, Vienna , or Cyberduck. Growl integrate technology, most of the time without even having to change anything in the options.
Notifications are customizable: many skins are available, but it is also possible to receive notifications by email, or to be dictated by the application of speech .
- updated all UI elements to work with various high-DPI settings (old style and new style, above and below 120dpi)
- added ability to automatically pause Growl when another application is running fullscreen
- updated Bonjour TXT data to include GNTP version and websocket supported version
- better detection of another instance of Growl running in a separate user session
- fixed errant extra trailing space in GNTP header line of unencrypted responses
- fix for issue 37 (Could not created registry key for HKEY_USERS32SIDSoftwareClasses) - changed installer to install for Everyone instead of Just Me
- updated growlnotify to return an error code instead of always returning 0
- added temporary workaround to enable forwarding to Growl on Mac (v1.3.1+) (unencrypted requests)