Growl for Windows - (Freeware)
Growl notifies the user about any change that appeared in the system and displays the information in standardized or customizable options.
Growl is a notification system that alerts when changes like receiving a new email, a download fails, scheduled appointment occur. Very practical, this small application is fully configurable and user can choose which notifications he wants to appear. Finally, the program will automatically load at startup.
The application is compatible with numerous programs such as Adium, Skype, aMSN, Entourage, Vienna , or Cyberduck. Growl integrate technology, most of the time without even having to change anything in the options.
Notifications are customizable: many skins are available, but it is also possible to receive notifications by email, or to be dictated by the application of speech .
- fixed a bug in the WebSocket handling of the WHATWG protocol (aka draft-hixie-thewebsocketprotocol-76)
- fixed a bug that did not honor the 'Allow notifications from websites' preference (always allowed notifications)
- fixed a bug that caused redraw artifacts when quickly scrolling the 'Applications' or 'Notifications' lists
- fixed a bug that crashed GfW if you exited the app while it was turned off (not listening for notifications)
- added ability to save preferred History view (Tile or Details)
- changed socket handling so that all incoming data is read (even if cached resources are used). this works around an issue in Winsock that sends a RST if data is received after the socket input stream is shutdown or closed: http://groups.google.com/group/growl-for-windows/browse_thread/thread/2523afc60296594
- fixed a concurrency bug that that occurred when many simultaneous notifications with no image were received at the same time (DefaultIcon contention)
- fixed a concurrency bug that occurred when many simultaneous notifications that referenced the same cached binary resource were received at the same time
- fixed a bug in Visor display that causes ampersands to render incorrectly (UseMnemonic)
- added Toasty forwarder to forward to Windows Phones
- released Notifo subscription plugin and updated Notifo forwarder plugin (to prevent loops) - thanks to Jonathan Yee